Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving. Not the only time during the year we give thanks, I hope, but one that's easy to remember (so we thank at least once a year).

What I'm grateful for:
  • the chances and opportunities that I have been given
    • UCCE - the people I've gotten to meet and work with
    • BareStage - my first love at Berkeley, my first good friends, my first involved extracurricular activity
    • Women's Chorale - so I'm not REALLY singing this semester, but I love the organization and the director and what it tries to do, I hope next semester works out better for everybody
    • attending UC Berkeley - a fine institution, even if I'm getting out early
    • living an hour away from home - even though I don't make it home quite as much as I should, it's still nice that it's close
    • piano lessons - I wanted to quit, they wouldn't let me; they wanted me to quit, I refused; glad I stuck with it
    • flute lessons
    • instruments to play on
    • teachers, professors, and other adults - working with these people in all sorts of different capacities gives me an experience I'm not sure I can get elsewhere
    • good friends - even if we don't always have time, I still know who I can count on
  • the people I have met and loved (I don't usually do names, on account of privacy, but I am going to use initials... ask me with questions, but I'm sure you can figure out who you are):
    • k.w. - gone are the days of hours of endless conversation, or silence, depending on the day, and I'll never forget the tumultuous days of our friendship. instead, though, now we have something great that has finally calmed down. for all the times I called you in tears, for all the times I called you in anger, for all the times I called you for directions, for all the times I called "just to say hi", thank you.
    • i.f. - it's been a long time? foothill, redwood, saratoga... I can always count on you to provide me with a social life whenever we're home, the alternation of the fondue set, for being the friend who says "no more drama. but if there is, I have to be the first to know!" so I suppose I should apologize for having almost no drama recently, but maybe it's time for a break.
    • s.b. - do I need to say more? you've met my friends, and you know you've been a good thing in my life. sometimes, life is mundane, and walking five minutes is all we have, and other times, we go on like the day will never end. I'm fortunate to have any of it at all, and simply really blessed to have all of it, as I do. I hope you can always tell how much I cherish what we have, because you deserve to know every day.
    • and so many many more. little tidbits will come as life goes on, there is no order, there is no reason, only the fact that if I wrote everybody today, I'll never finish, but just so you know it's coming: sl, th, jc, ps, ek, ep, ek, ak, ac, dz, tl, mf, ay, gw, jj, jl, and the list goes on.
Onto the more mundane facts of life:
  • Wednesday
    • went home super super late
    • somebody was cool enough to come get me
    • though I did smell weed throughout my wait at the beautiful fremont bart station
    • I finished a book! (Singing with the Top Down)
  • Thursday
    • ate the big feast with the family friends
    • everybody's growing up!
    • went to bed around 9pm
  • Friday
    • COSTCO
    • picked him up from BART
    • looked at the house
    • walked around downtown, foothill elementary, saratoga high
    • FONDUE
  • Saturday
    • saratoga bagels
    • dim sum
    • farmer's market
    • dropped him and my sister off
    • home for a bit
    • airport with dad
    • to berkeley
  • Sunday
    • stayed in all day on account of the rain
And that was the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what what what sue ting i am so behind! youshould change that date on your aim profile
you are so lucky im a big fat procrastinator

what job? what apt?????

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh