Friday, June 02, 2006

taiwan update

Still in Taiwan's sweltering hot, humid, clutches, but I am thoroughly enjoying my time here. I've gone to the Shu-Lin night market TWICE, tons of malls, lots of street shops, and bookstores (for stationery). I haven't bought THAT many things (I don't think), but I did shop! Good thing I'm not really shopped out.

I've bought:
5 pairs of pants (390, 395, 395, 200, 200)
2 skirts (100, 200)
1 tank top (100)
1 blouse (200)
3 camisoles (99, 99, 99)
8 pairs of sockes (33, 33, 33, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20)
1 pair of shoes (190)
lots and lots of stationery (exacto knives, a present for jonjow, project case, folders, letter sets, water proof bag, bookmarks, planners, origami paper, name cards, eraser, clips, pencil, eyelash curler (not stationery, I know))

I feel very productive!

Things are clearing up on the school front, thanks to certain people at CAL. Thank goodness. I'm just waiting for the good news to roll in.

Pet peeve: annoying voices. DRIVES ME CRAZY. I'm going to try really hard to not sound annoying. Goodness.

5/27
tagged along with my dad to a meeting, then walked around in the rain

5/28
rain, rain, go away, come again (not) another day.

5/29
rain + book

5/30
picked up glasses
walked around in the rain
ate shaved ice... with ICE CREAM on top. WHAT?

5/31
walked to my other grandmother's house the LONG way. oops, but it was fun.
talked to the ancestors
shu lin night market - arcade games and lots of food

6/1
shu lin night market - again. i know i know. but i bought the five pairs of pants. ridiculous, but i needed pants!

6/2
yong-kang street and taiwan normal university night market - food food and more food, some stationery stores, and more food.

6/3
o-lai - there are hot springs up there, but we just walked around a LOT, basically hiking, but with stairs. it was gorgeous! from the outside you can't see anything, cuz they let the trees grow taller to cover the stairs. we got to the top and there was AN AMUSMENT PARK. wasn't that big, but there were rides and swimming pool and what not. CRAZY.

looking forward to going home. ^.^

No comments: