Tuesday, October 10, 2006

-4:00 and counting

I now have -4 minutes to write this before I fall into my bed to rest in peaceful slumber.

I have realized that I talk things to death. I mean, if *I get sick of it, can you imagine everyone else? That's not to say I only worry about unimportant matters, but it does mean that I over-worry and bore everybody to death. Maybe not death, that's morbid.

I am slowly letting go of everything. The trick is to not let go until you can, and then to let it go when you can. A wonderful gal in women's chorale saved my neck by assuming my section leader duties, and the officers in UCCE are wonderful about making sure I'm not too stressed out. I need to find BareStage a new Managing Director, and encourage people run for an UCCE Officer position next year. There are girls that are ready to take on more definite positions of leadership, and that makes me happy.

I'm great at making time for other people, and until recently, have not been great at making time for myself. That, I think, is changing this semseter, for better or for worse. A friend put it very well when she said, "You have to make time to do nothing." And while I can't do that ALL of the time, it certainly doesn't hurt to do it some of the time. It's nice to just go home and relax, after getting some work done at school. It's nice to just rest with somebody at the end of the day. It's nice to settle into bed at a relatively normal hour and know that there's always tomorrow. Well, usually there's tomorrow. There's the morbidity again.

Now I'm officially really late in going to bed.

There do exist lots of things to worry about, but I will remember that at the same time, there exist a lot of things to delight in.

LIKE SLEEP. 1 hour and 10 minutes later, off I go. I'm not nearly done with all I every have to say, but if that day comes, wouldn't life be boring afterwards?

Don't take anything for granted and don't be afraid to love the silly little things.

I'll do my best.

No comments: