Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Summer School

... has officially concluded its beginning.

By that, I mean that my second class has started, and summer is now in full-time mode. Previous to this last weekend, I went through two books a day for three days, then one book a day for the next three. Unfortunately, I am still reading the same book I left the house reading (meaning it's been almost three days). It's quite sad that every time I become busy, the pleasure reading gets pushed aside first. Whereas last week, I read to my heart's content, went to class, and played two hours of piano a day, I know seem to have much less time. In between reading "The Great Transformation" by Karl Polanyi, the plays for my theater class (currently on "Cloud 9", where some of the roles are cross-gender cast, and then they SWITCH in between scenes/acts), and writing papers for the first time since, oh, right, never, I seem to have misplaced all the free time I thought I would have. All the little projects I desired to undertake may never take form in reality. At least I got to read this summer.

In other news, I had a rather eventful weekend:
  • "social reading" at Cafe Ophelia范苑西餐 (where the waitress laughed at our terrible Chinese)
  • farmers market, as usual (my ENTIRE FAMILY went. that's an event in itself. we bought many many bags and boxes of fruits. yum!)
  • paddleboating at Vasona park (they tried to pass me off as a twelve year old. luckily, they didn't ask for ID. if you have a raft that you would like to lend us, please do. we would like to go back and lounge on the lake and have a picnic.)
  • dinner at my house (chicken fajitas and cesar salad wraps, yum. then cheesecake and ice cream and fondue. it was a very food-filled evening. the company was fun too.)
  • vallco with the sister (they're building an AMC theaters downstairs, and a huge, they say, food court. just so you know)
  • chilling at tap-x (saw the people i love to see most. saw somebody i haven't seen in awhile, and somebody who didn't think would show. good times.)
  • hiking at montebello preserve (i can't believe i got up that early for that. i think they said it was six-seven miles. 'twas fun, even though i have not been hiking in awhile. parked illegally, what else is new. although i'm not sure where you're supposed to park, as the real parking lot was closed off, and seems to be closed most of the time.)
  • lunch at 歡喜樓 (food was good. thank you thank you for lunch. and gracias to all the siblings who didn't really have a choice in the company we kept.)
  • partying it up at a family friend's house (where i watched my sister swim/play in the pool with a five and seven year old, i read some franklin book to the five year old)
  • rummy at my house (with some people i haven't seen, and some other people that i just saw that morning, and not for the last time that day)
  • social reading at wildwood (which wasn't really social reading as i had to leave soonafter getting there. but we did sit in the grass at wildwood, and that was entertaining)
  • dinner at family friend's house (where i, again, ate too much food. but the korean pork w/ mushrooms was incredibly delicious. we also had green tea cake. which was interesting. it didn't really taste like green tea that much, but it wasn't bad.)
  • firework watching at fremont older (amazing when people can go places on no notice. "hey, do you want to go firework-watching?" "when" "um. now?" good stuff. well, kind of. the parking lot was full, so we had to walk up to the parking lot. then up some more to hunter's peak. i was afraid of losing my sister up there because of the slow pace she decided to stroll at. but eventually, we did reach hunter's peak. and my apologies that the fireworks weren't that big. but we got to see between ten and twenty firework shows. it was also doubly cool because my family stopped watching fireworks years ago.)
Don't let me say that I do nothing at home. I'm glad I got to see a lot of people. I'm glad I got to see some people a lot. ^.^

In Berkeley, news, my BareStage people are back! So we can now talk more shop, repaint the floor, and plan like crazy for next season.

I admit. My memory fails me more often than I like. I have to figure out what I did by looking at where I spent money. So if you want me to remember hanging out withyou, make sure I write it down. Even for a $0 transaction.

1 comment:

i said...

ahh what a fun weekend :D thanks stingcheen!